Travel is one of the most inspirational experiences a person can have. It's something which opens our minds, inspires us to do and see more, and changes who we are as people. Travel is something people write about, because it moves their souls. So if you're looking for some travel inspiration, here are some of the world's most inspirational travel quotes.
1) "The world is a book and those who do not travel only read one page."
2) “Nobody can discover the world for somebody else. Only when we discover it for ourselves does it become common ground and a common bond and we cease to be alone.”
3) "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes, but in having new eyes."
4) “When overseas you learn more about your own country, than you do the place you’re visiting.”
5) "We live in a world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open."
6) "The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.”
Henry David Thoreau
7) "A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles."
8) “Investment in travel is an investment in yourself.”
9) "People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the people they ignore at home."
Dagobert D. Runes
10) “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.”
11) "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
12) “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.”
13) "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves."
Henry David Thoreau
14) "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in you sail. Explore. Dream. Discover."
15) "Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen."
16) "Once you have travelled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey."
17) “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” Mary Anne Radmacher
18) "Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you travelled."
19) "A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."
20) “Not all those who wander are lost.”
21) "There are no foreign lands. It is the traveller only who is foreign."
Robert Louis Stevenson
22) “The more I travelled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.”
23) "We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment."
24) "A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it."
25) “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.”
26) “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” Gustave Flaubert
27) "Travelling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station’."
Lisa St. Aubin de Teran
28) "The gladdest moment in human life, me thinks, is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
29) "I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine."
30) "Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
Henry David Thoreau
31) "The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at least to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land."
32) "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
33) “Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to.”
34) "Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travellers don’t know where they’re going."
35) “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”
Neale Donald Walsch
36) "Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe."
37) “You don’t have to be rich to travel well.”
38) "To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world."
39) “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”Ibn Battuta
40) "One doesn’t discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time."
41) “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”
42) “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.”
43) “Adventure is worthwhile.”
44) “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.”
45) “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.”
46) “Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.”
47) “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.”
48) “A great way to learn about your country is to leave it.”
49) “I was not born for one corner. The whole world is my native land.”
50) “Oh the places you’ll go.”